Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Black Dragon's Moon - Anita Philmar

Please welcome my special guest today, Scarlet Rose author Anita Philmar, whose latest book, Black Dragon's Moon, was released by The Wild Rose Press on 9th January 2009!


Bio

I enjoy writing erotica with a little mystery and look forward to writing it for a long time in the future.



Can you tell us a little about your book ?

Black Dragon’s Moon” is the second book in the series. I wanted to write a series about a group of people with special abilities because of eating dragon meat. Smarter, faster, and more intelligent; they live in a normal world but follow a different set of rules. Passionate about their jobs and the person they chose as their mate, they seek to find a balance in their life which will satisfy all their cravings.

Here is the blurb for the “Black Dragon’s Moon.” - Dee Butterfield, a Dragon Center agent, finally has the job she’s alway longed for. On her first assignment, she is assigned to protect sculptor, Scott VanHorn. His rich dragon blood tempts her to enter into an affair, which could not only jeopardize her career but possibly her life.

Scott determined to find out who killed his best friend, is helping the Dragon Center investigate a corrupt art dealer. Posing as a struggling artist, Scott can’t keep his hands off Dee and pursues her while they try to discover what happened to his friend.



How did the idea for the plot come about?

I enjoy collecting all type of art – originals and reproductions. The plot came from artists who sell their masterpieces by replicating them with sophisticated equipment. (Such as lithographs or sign and number prints) I focused on the questions of what if the artist didn’t agree or if they agreed to have them replicated and then wanted out of the contract.

Excerpt:


Her assignment is to protect him, but he has a mission of his own.

His lips slid along the curve of her earlobe. He nibbled and toyed with her tender flesh. Hope pooled and seeped between her thighs. Thoughts of kissing him flooded her head with erotic ideas.

“Wanting you doesn’t discount the need to find the swindler.” He shifted back and twirled her around to search her face. “Is your level of dragon blood as high as Amanda’s?”

Her hands caressed the strong barrier of his chest. She enjoyed the crisp texture of his hair and the melting heat of his skin. The answer to the question held ramifications she didn’t plan to deal with. Their affair wouldn’t last long enough for her to fall into the hazardous state of pregnancy.

“It doesn’t matter. You’re not looking at me as a potential mate. We’re only here to have a little fun.”

His hungry eyes narrowed to small slits. “The terms of engagement?”

She stepped closer. Her silk covered breasts brushed his broad chest. The sexy purr of the fabric whispered between them. “I’ll be honest. I like the idea of making love to you, but I’m not interested in anything more serious.”

“No ties.” His burning gaze skated over her face, and his impatient hands gripped her hips. “Right?”

“Yes. To keep my job as a Dragon Center agent, I can’t get married.”

His gaze landed on her mouth and passion flared. A swipe of his tongue moistened his lips. The hands on her hips lowered to squeeze her backside and crush her into his rock-hard erection. She shivered.

“Just a little fun.” She worked her hands around his neck. “Agreed?”

His lips hovered within a breath of hers. “No.”



I love sale stories (ok I am just nosy!!) so can you tell us about your road to publication - and your call story?

You might say I was offered a challenge. I wrote the first book as a test to see if I could write erotica. When my publisher, TWRP put out a call for hot books, I took a chance and sent in my story. No one was more surprise than I was when it sold.

We are all about the love here, so please share your fave books, movies, TV shows or current fantasy squeeze (it's all in the line of research!).

I love the old movies, TV shows such as Chuck or Stargate. Favorite books are romance – no particular favorite. Fantasy squeezes can be viewed on my December blogs on Sexy Lady.

What are you working on now?

I started another series about shapeshifters. I’ve finished the first book “Banished Hero”, but again I plan on write a set of three books for the series.

How can readers keep up with your writing and books?

Visit my website

9 comments:

April Vine said...

Hi Christina and Anita

Great interview as usual.
Anita, I love the cover, the excerpt is very alluring and huge, huge congrats on being no.1 on the Scarlet bestseller list

Margaret Tanner said...

Hi Anita,
Great interview. I loved the excerpt, but the cover wow. I couldn't stop looking at the tattooed leg. Nice piece of eye candy.
Regards
Margaret

Viola Estrella said...

What an interesting premise and world you've created. And I loved the excerpt and cover.

Kaye Manro said...

Hi Anita! Nice interview. That is a great cover, really. The excerpt does it's job at making you want to read the story. And Congrats at being # 1!

Shelley Munro said...

I love the dragon concept you've used for your series. Good luck with your recent release.

Helen Hardt said...

Anything about dragons catches my attention. This sounds wonderful, Anita!

Helen

Rebecca J. Clark said...

Hey Christina and Anita!

Anita, I love this concept. Very original. I look forward to reading it.

Becky

Cari Quinn said...

Wonderful interview, ladies. It's fun to try to write something you never thought you'd try...especially if you like the end result! Best of luck, Anita. :)

Anita Philmar said...

Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments.

Anita