Sunday, January 30, 2011

41/2 Star Review for CAPTIVE

With only a couple of days until Captive hits the shelves, I'm thrilled with this 41/2 Star review from Steph, from the Bookaholics Romance Book Club:


Primal and sexy, I love this series.

Sensual and vibrant, this historical romance is emotional and sexy. I could not put it down and this may be my favorite new time period in historical romance. I can’t wait for the author to write more!

"Bren('s)... reputation is black and unsavory, but the author gives him a vulnerability and humanity that proves how worthy he actually is. It was fun to read how this sober and serious Bren lightens up under Morwyn’s sensuous attack... When Bren reveals what drives him, I really felt for him. But the best sections are their interactions as they flirt with each other and slowly learn to respect and care for each other."

10 comments:

Kylie Griffin said...

This is one hot review - fantastic, Christina, no wonder you're chuffed.

Christina Phillips said...

Thanks, Kylie. It made me very happy!

Kaye Manro said...

This is a fantastic review! So I bet you are a bit nervous as release day draws near.

Phillipa Ashley said...

Yay! Fantastic review.

Christina Phillips said...

Kaye, yes I am - though I was gutted tonight when I found it on a pirate site already *sigh*

Thanks, Phillipa!

Emma Lai said...

I love when I get a great review before the release. Sorry to hear about the pirate site.

Amanda Ashby said...

Woot - what an amazing review for an amazing book!!!!!!!

Christina Phillips said...

Emma, it's a great feeling, helps to calm the nerves a bit!!

Thanks, Amanda! Very much made my day!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Fantastic review Christina, congrats!!!

Christina Phillips said...

Thanks, Eleni!