Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Stroke of Midnight - Ana Aragon

Please welcome my special guest today, Ana Aragon, new Scarlet author for The Wild Rose Press. Ana's Stroke of Midnight is part of the anthology with April Vine, Devon Gray and Paisley Scott.

Ana, please tell us a little about yourself!

Ana Aragón lives in the North Georgia hills with her husband and Walker hound dog, Max. Born in New Mexico, she loves writing stories that include elements of her native Hispanic culture. Stroke of Midnight is her first erotic romance and she's hooked! Ana also writes hot contemporaries in the Champagne line of The Wild Rose Press.


Can you tell us a little about your book?

Stroke of Midnight is the reunion story of Ro Garcia and Jake Anderson, who broke up fourteen years ago and went their separate ways. Sparks fly when they meet again and they can't keep their hands off each other. Reeling from a messy divorce, Ro agrees to a sex-only rendezvous in Santa Fe, New Mexico, hoping it'll finally get Jake out of her system. Jake wants more than the sex she's offering and he's willing to do anything to prove he's the man for her. Oh, and there's lots of sex...hot, squirm in your seat, sex!

How did the idea for the plot come about?

I've always wanted to write a story based on one of my favorite Dan Fogelberg songs, Same Auld Lang Syne, but with a "happily ever after" ending. When the opportunity presented itself, I jumped on it!

I love sale stories (ok I am just nosy!!) so can you tell us about your road to publication - and your call story?

I've been writing for years and my New Year's resolution in 2006 was to join RWA and pursue a romance writing career. I queried my first book, Sidelined by Love, to the Wild Rose Press in December of 2006 and within five minutes, Roseann Armstrong, Senior editor of the Champagne line, requested the synopsis and partial. I polished, polished, and polished, then sent it to her. Within a couple of days, she wanted to see the full manuscript. I went over and over and over it before submitting. Within a week or so, I had a contract offer!

We are all about the love here, so please share your fave books, movies, TV shows or current fantasy squeeze (it's all in the line of research!)

I spend most of my time writing, but when I do have the time, I enjoy reading historical romance, romantic suspense and hot romance. In the last year or so, I've become a voracious reader of erotic romance, especially books from our own Scarlet line. I love romantic comedies--just saw Four Christmases with Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon--what fun! I can get addicted to television, so I try to stay away...but I do love "The Office" and "Law and Order." Current fantasy squeeze? Jake Anderson, my latest hero, of course! I always fall in love with my hero, don't you?


What are you working on now?

I have two more novellas I'm hoping to pitch to Scarlet and am busy writing them. I also have a romantic suspense on the back burner, waiting for a block of time to finish...maybe by next summer. I'm revising Strike Three-You're Mine and planning to resubmit the manuscript to Champagne Rose.

How can readers keep up with your writing and books?

Drop me a note at anaaragonwrites@yahoo.com or visit Ana's website or MySpace

17 comments:

April Vine said...

Hi Christina and Ana
I, of course, read Stroke of Midnight and it’s seriously an amazing read. Ro is so endearing and Jake’s just too hot.
Congrats on your release.

Anonymous said...

great interview

Devon Gray said...

Stroke of Midnight is HOT! I had to keep glancing over my shoulder to make sure my son hadn't snuck into the computer room. It's kind of a pain when they learn to read...and read well. LOL. Good luck with your new projects!

Judy said...

I really enjoyed your interview. The Stroke of Midnight is definitely a TBR pile book. I also love the cover. At first you don't notice the clothes she has on, that pretty pale lavender color.

Anonymous said...

Great interview, as always Christina.
Nice job.
And "Stroke of Midnight" sounds awesome!!!!!
I always fall in love with my heroes a little bit too.

Viola Estrella said...

I love reunion stories, especially hot ones. :-) I'll have to check this out. Great interview!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful interview, Ana! Seriously, I don't get to watch TV with a 3 yr old afoot. And I didn't before baby. I just wrote all day. I didn't even watch movies. It's the writing bug!!!

Asylumgirl said...

Wow, you have a great first sale story! No rejection or anything, must have felt like a million bucks. Stroke of Midnight sounds great!

Deidre

Catherine Bybee said...

Great interview. I've actually already picked this up I just haven't gotten to it yet.
But I will. I most certainly will.

Helen Hardt said...

Hi Christina and Ana -- I read the first three books in this series, which were wonderful, so now I have to read yours, Ana ;). I love the concept!

Helen

LORETTA CANTON said...

I love books where the lovers get back together after years apart.

loretta

Judith Leger said...

Hi Christina and Ana! Waving wildly at Ana (how ya been?) Stroke of Midnight sounds hot and I love reunion type stories. Major congrats to you and Loved interview!

Shelley Munro said...

Great interview. Songs are very good for story inspiration. :-)

Cari Quinn said...

Fabulous interview, Christina and Ana!

Ana, I was just ogling Stroke of Midnight the other day. ;) It looks great! And I adored Four Christmases...gotta love Reese and Vince (am I alone in thinking he's really hot in a teddy bear sort of way?)

Best of luck with all your current and future releases! :)

Rebecca J. Clark said...

Hi Christina and Ana

I love, love, love reunion stories. Can't wait to read this one.

Anonymous said...

Hi, everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on to accept all your congratulations. I am now in New Mexico with my MIL who is in hospice. It's very difficult to see a woman you've loved for so many years leave this world. She's a dear friend as well, and loves my books!

Thank you so much, Christina, for giving me the opportunity to promo my latest release. The Scarlet authors are wonderful and I'm so glad to finally be a part of you all!

Diedre, there were plenty of rejections prior to my contacting Roseann Armstrong! That's what was so exciting about the sale. I finally got the nerve up to submit to TWRP and a couple of weeks later, I'm contracted!

Best to all of you in this season of hollidays!

Ana

Christina Phillips said...

Ana, thank you for being a lovely guest. I'm so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. ((Hugs))