Monday, December 22, 2008

16 Things About Me

The lovely Anna Campbell tagged me on Facebook but since I only have to look at Facebook to get confused, she let me off and said I could do it here instead!

So here we go.

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 16 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 16 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

Okay here are my 16 random things about me which you will wish you never knew!!!

1. I met my husband-to-be when I was just fifteen and he was 18. Not quite Romeo and Juliet, but it does mean I've never been able to say to my daughters, with any conviction, that they were too young to fall in love!!!

2. The first thing I noticed about him was his brilliant blue eyes. Ever since I've had to struggle against the urge to give all my fictional heroes piercing blue eyes!!

3. I once met Valerie Singleton from Blue Peter. I can't remember why now, but I do have the huge black and white photos to prove it!!! (and no, unfortunately that baby elephant wasn't around at the time!)

4. I have a secret obsession with Meat Loaf's Bat Out of Hell CD.

5. I listen endlessly to said CD whenever I'm in dire need of inspiration for my writing.

6. I love and adore fudge. Any and all fudges unless there are nuts involved (present company excepted!)

7. I'm also totally addicted to fresh ground coffee.

8. Half a glass of Chardonnay and I'll attempt to cook dinner.

9. A whole glass and I'll even eat the charred offerings!!

10. I'm allergic to perfume, band aids and housework.

11. Currently experiencing withdrawal symptoms over not being able to get my sticky paws on Season Four of Battlestar Galactia **watches Eleni run for cover**!!

12. I still haven't mastered the technicalities of Facebook!!!

13. My very first crush was Les Mackeown from the Bay City Rollers. If you must know, I'm currently listening to their Greatest Hits CD (and I might have just been dancing round the kitchen singing along to Be My Baby... or then again, I might not)

14. I am twenty-nine years old. I'm not sure why people keel over laughing fit to pop when I tell them this, because obviously it's impossible I can be any older despite three children who, inexplicably, tower over me.

15. It's a highly guarded secret, but my fantasty squeeze is Clive Owen.

16. If Clive is unavailable I'll make do with Hugh Jackman (or, as Monique once said, I could make a sandwich out of them... I'm still giggling over that image!!!)

Because I'm such a nice caring person, and there are only a couple of days until Christmas Eve so obviously every one is just, you know, sitting around just waiting to be tagged... I'm now going to tag 16 others... hehhe...

Amanda Ashby
Sara Hantz
Pat Posner
Suzanne Brandyn
Helen Hardt
April Vine
Shelley Munro
Nell Dixon
Eleni
Monique Wood
Kaye Manro
Rachael Johns
Judith Leger
Debs-daydream-in-the-shed
Sandie Hudson
and Anna Campbell!!!

14 comments:

Eleni Konstantine said...

LOL Christina - sorry for bursting your little bubble re Battlestar Galactica.

And yes, your Clive Owen addiction was very closely guarded indeed ;))

And I see I've been tagged....now I've gone completely blank!

Christina Phillips said...

I went blank too, Eleni, it took me about three days to think up this list!!!

Helen Hardt said...

Clive Owen? My God, I never knew!!

How fun! I'm not sure I can be quite as entertaining, but I'll try, LOL. And since, like you, I'm clueless about facebook, I'll post my 16 things on my blog.

And the Clive/Hugh sandwich? NICE!
*drool*

Helen

Shelley Munro said...

Oh, heck! After Christmas. :)
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't understand Facebook!

April Vine said...

I don’t know if I should be flattered or flustered, Christina. 16 things about me you never knew, I can’t even think up my own name right now, well at least that you know already.
I’m on facebook, but I haven’t a saving clue what’s going on there either. I’ll do mine on my blog as well...when thinking returns that is.

Anna Campbell said...

Hey, Christina, I know I dragged you kicking and screaming to do this, but isn't it fun? It's even more fun once your friends start chipping in with their 16 things! Happy Christmas!

Mon Wood said...

Gees, you're making me THINK. My brain hurts at this time of the year, and I'm really rather dull. Boring, boring, boring. Yawn :-)

Merry Chrissie, by the way, and Happy Hughlidays to all!

Sussan Marz said...

Love your list Christina! I don't think the Meat Loaf thing is a secret and I thought you were 25 yrs old. Uhm, on being allergic to band aids - that's odd. And, I'm waiting for the rest of season 4 Battlestar Galactica too.

Anyway, wanted to come out of hiding and wish you a Merry Christmas :-).

Christina Phillips said...

Helen, yes I thought I'd kept my secret crush well under wraps too!! As for the sandwich, I'm kind of shocked that it never crossed my mind before Mon put the idea in my head!!!

Shelley, oh yes definitely after Christmas!!! And I'm really glad others find Facebook a bit of a challenge (I thought I was the only one!!)

Christina Phillips said...

April, can't wait to read your 16 things!!! (and I'm going to try and find you on Facebook now, tho I have no idea how!)

Anna, it was huge fun! And a very Merry Christmas to you too!!

Mon, yes I'm very mean to be making you think! hehehe. Happy Hughlidays to you too (Cliveidays doesn't have quite the same ring does it)

Sussan, oh boy yes. 25. hehe. Not sure I could quite get away with that one anymore!!! Merry Christmas!!

Barrie said...

So glad I wasn't tagged. :) and, like you, I'm just now finding my way around Facebook.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hey Christina, just to let you know that I posted a entry with the 16 things on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Haha, that was halerious
29, indeed!

xoxo

Christina Phillips said...

See, that's what I don't understand... why *some* people find my age so funny...!