Wednesday, September 26, 2012

BETRAYED & TAINTED

I heard from my editor a couple of weeks ago when she let me know she was reading Betrayed. So I'm looking forward to edits landing any time now on that! And when I say I'm looking forward to them, I kind of mean it. I love having input from editors, and working on their suggestions to make the book as strong as it possibly can be.

I received the cover a little while ago and will be unveiling that shortly! 

Betrayed


When Druid priestess Nimue is injured and enslaved by the hated Roman Legion, she’s determined to escape and complete her mission for the Briton king.

But the tough Roman warrior who saved her life is far from the brutal barbarian she fears. His touch inflames and passion burns and against everything she believes in her heart surrenders to her enemy.

Roman warrior Tacitus is enchanted by the fiery beauty who shows no fear and challenges him at every turn. He’s determined to make her his, whatever it takes.But when he discovers the depth of her betrayal his loyalties are torn between his heritage and a woman who could destroy everything he’s ever believed in.


I'm currently a third into writing the fourth installment of my Roman/Druid world, Tainted. This book is set in what is now Colchester in the UK. This time the heroine is a Roman noblewoman, Antonia, and her hero is a tough barbarian warrior from one of my previous books in the series. Maximus and Carys, from Forbidden, feature a lot in this book and I've loved finding out what's been happening to them during the two years since they first fell in love.

(This blurb is likely to be tweaked when I've finished writing the book!)
Tainted

Driven by the knowledge he failed to protect his king and embittered at losing the woman he loves, Druid warrior Gawain despises the lust he feels for the beautiful Roman patrician, Antonia. But despite the danger of discovery he embarks on an illicit liaison with her, determined to uncover the reason for the infinite sorrow that haunts her eyes.

Newly arrived in Britannia from Rome, Antonia is inexplicably drawn to the cold, tough Celt who ignites a passion she long thought died at the hands of her brutal former husband. She knows her growing feelings for him can lead nowhere. But when a shadow from her past threatens her future Antonia is torn between the Empire of her birth and betraying Gawain, the man she’s grown to love.

 

No comments: