Sunday, April 03, 2011

Computer Woes and Historical Inspirations

Argh! My computer is driving me mad. It's always been very slow but since installing the new anti virus software last week it's gone completely ridiculous on me. Now I'm being spammed by my own emails which is very annoying!!! I hope it fixes itself soon before I rip all the hair out of my head!! But in happier news... Today I'm over at Unusual Historicals, where I'm chatting about the historical background to Captive, including the real-life historical character who inspired a cruicial plot thread in the book. Would love to see you over there!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi Christina - just leave a post to say "thank you" for sending me a copy of "Forbidden" that I won a while ago on Michelle Styles blog. Sorry I'm so late buy I've been offline since forever as we have just moved house! Forbidden was *seriously* good (and hot;) ) and I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to read more.... Caroline x

Christina Phillips said...

Hi Caroline! Thanks so much for letting me know FORBIDDEN arrived - and that you enjoyed it!

Caryn Caldwell said...

Sometimes I think that anti-virus software is even worse than actual software. Scanning is the worst. It always occurs at the most inopportune times, and it's nearly impossible to stop. Sometimes I think that hackers created anti-virus software, and now they're laughing at us for paying to install it.

Christina Phillips said...

Caryn, I must admit I've often thought the same people who sell the anti virus software are the ones behind the viruses in the first place!! In the end we had to restore the computer to last Thursday,so now it's minus all its updates, the new anti virus software and the latest IE. I'm back to Firefox and although everything is slow at least it's no longer freezing every time I blink. Gotta love technology :-)