Friday, November 09, 2007

The Waiting Game

I don't know what's going on, but my internet's been down again. Talk about feeling isolated! Things got so bad this afternoon I actually tidied up my office, just so I could keep one eye on the computer on the off chance it went back online. So, after two and a half months, I finally picked up my huge pile of conference books from the floor next to my desk and found room for them on the bookcase!

That's not all I managed either. My wonderful cps have been telling me for ages to get my butt in gear and submit to Nocturne. For one reason or another I've never quite got around to it, but having nothing better to do yesterday afternoon (ie. blog hopping and surfing...) I decided to give the partial one last polish.

So now I've printed out my para partial and synopsis and that'll be on it's way to New York some time next week. I'd forgotten how much I love that story!

In other news or rather non-news from Harlequin, it's now been over three months that another partial's been with Superromance.

Don'tcha just love this waiting game?

7 comments:

Amanda Ashby said...

Hooray about Nocturne but major boos about your internet. You should be getting some compensation - especially since it lead you to cleaning your office. That is a very slippery slope!

Shelley Munro said...

LOL - Amanda's right. No telling what could happen after office cleaning ;)

It's funny I was thinking about Nocturne today and if I should attempt to write one. I've read a few and really liked them. Good luck!

Shelley Munro said...

I should proof read better. I was wondering if I should attempt to write one.

:-)

Christina Phillips said...

Amanda, yes, the office tidying up was a massive mistake, as when things are moved it has the annoying consequence of showing just how badly everywhere needs dusting!!

Thanks for the good luck Shelley! I wonder what the wait times are for Nocturne?!

Sara Hantz said...

Yay....... how exciting sending to Nocturne!!! I'd forgotten about Superromance I'll send out the vibes to get them to ask for the full soon!!

Sandra Hyatt said...

It must be synchronicity (and I'm so far out with my spelling I can't even find that in my dictionary. But found you through checking out Amanda's blog. And the entry I posted on my blog today was also called The Waiting Game. Though my waiting issues were more to do with waiting for mailmen, and contest results and of course The Call.

Good luck with Nocturn. And happy waiting.

Christina Phillips said...

Sara, yes please, send lots of good vibes, I sure need them!!

Sandra hi! And thank you for the good wishes. I've only got a couple of things out I'm waiting on through snail mail, mostly email subs at the moment. So every day I'm afraid of what might lurk in my inbox!