Monday, June 04, 2007

Waiting Game

With two requested fulls and a couple of requested partials out with agents, I'm in a permanent state of excited anticpation mixed with terror. Every time I turn on the computer my stomach churns in case I have an email from an agent. Then when I do have an email from an agent, I have to Gird My Loins before I open it. But I'm determined that this time around I am NOT giving up after hitting double figures. I really have to give Neo the best chance possible and getting fed up with the whole submission process within a month or so isn't exactly the way to go about things, especially since this ms is getting quite a bit of interest and positive comments.

In other news, my printer finally gave me the finger last night and gave up its coil. Gah. Will have to postpone any snail subs I had in mind for the time being. I also took some pics of the new office but unfortunately mislaid the digital camera immediately afterwards so have yet to upload! It's nice to be so organised!

6 comments:

Nell Dixon said...

Fingers crossed for you! I hear you on the being scared of your own email when there's stuff out there.

Christina Phillips said...

Thanks Nell. It's nice to know I'm not the only one with a mild email phobia!

Amanda Ashby said...

I'm sorry, but did you say 'mild'????? Hahaha - actually I think mail phobia comes with the territory and at least with the invention of emails I no longer have to give my postman dirty looks for stealing all my letters (supposedly!)

Christina Phillips said...

i find emails a lot easier to handle than things like envelopes and stamps...I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact all I have to do for the former is sit on my bum and flick my fingers...

Sara Hantz said...

Yeah, those envelopes and stamps..... scary beyond belief. And you never know when one of them might be lurking round a corner ready to jump out....

Christina Phillips said...

Exactly!!!