Monday, July 24, 2006

MySpace Junkie

I get very fidgety when I've no book to work on. I know I have 400 pages of Lil to edit but I just can't face it at the moment - and besides, everyone says it's a Good Thing to leave the ms for a few days at least before going back to it. Sooo... sounds good to me!

The problem is, I can't physically stay away from the computer for any length of time. So instead of resting my poor eyes what have I been doing?

Well aside from revamping my blog and tidying up my webpage (and chatting to witches via msn which I don't think counts unless we call it... oh yes I've got it - brainstorming!) I've only gone and got a MySpace page. And this was after saying, as late as Saturday morning, that I didn't think it was worth me doing one until I actually had, well you know - a book to promote or something?!

But as the witches will attest, no sooner do I say that I could never do this, or can't ever see myself doing that... off I go and do it. Three years ago I knew I could never write a novel that was longer than 50k - six months later I wrote one that came in at 80k. Two years ago I baulked at the thought of writing in first person - a year later I'd written three in first person present tense. Though I suppose that does mean I'm open to trying new things!

But - back to the MySpace page. OMG. I love it. My youngest daughter, who is a total computer whiz, fixed it up for me last night. Oh, my slide show. I keep having to hop on just to gaze in total rapt delight at the hunks. Especially the divine Hugh Jackman (who my daughter accidently named Huge Jackman at first hahahah I nearly didn't get her to change that!)

6 comments:

Sara Hantz said...

Your page is totally awesome!!!! I'm seriously impressed.

So, where to next, I wonder........

Christina Phillips said...

I think I want that pic of Hugh as my screensaver!

Kathryn said...

I know someone who referred to him as Jack Human! He must have that kind of name.

Christina Phillips said...

lol Kathryn! Too funny. That reminds me how hot he is as Wolverine but I still prefer his pic I have on the MySpace page!

Alyssa Goodnight said...

You MySpace page is really cool--even though I don't really 'get' MySpace yet. Is it just leaving comments and having 'friends' link up to you? Nice pictures ;)

Glad to see another person writing in first person, present. I read Adriana Trigiani's books and thought, how breezy and easy to read they were. I wanted to try it...and now I am.

Christina Phillips said...

Thanks Alyssa. My daughters helped me navigate MySpace since I didn't have a clue! I think it's another way to get your name out there, plus it is fun (and addictive oops!)