Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Writers Quirks

I'm not a night owl, but last night I pulled a late one because I was determined to finish the polishing on Captive and send it to my agent. This is because I know myself too well, and if I hadn't done that, then I would have spent most of today reading through the entire manuscript - again! It's like a weird superstition, I can't hit Send unless I've just read through the attachment. I'm trying to overcome it because it's a bit annoying especially when I'm strapped for time, but so far no luck!

I'm also getting ready to post my registration for the RWAus conference in August. Of course this involves another of my strange quirks which is known as The Envelope Phobia!!! Back in the day it could take me weeks between printing out a partial for Mills and Boon and actually getting the thing in the post. So much easier with email!

4 comments:

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

lol I had to retype that. Typos lol...I hate them. Anyhow,

Do I sense the perfectionist in you? :)

Thanks for reminding me about the conf. Hopefully I'll get to that this afternoon. :)

Helen Hardt said...

Lol, you sound just like me!

Mel Teshco said...

Christina - LOL!!!!
I have lots of quirks (sounds more sane) too, I like to think it's ah, normal....