Monday, March 22, 2010

Celebrations

Had a lovely weekend down south in Margaret River celebrating my hubby's birthday. The house was fabulous, the weather was gorgeous and he absolutely did not expect the white limo to pick us up for the wine tour on the Saturday!! I'll sort out some pics of the beautiful countryside and wildlife and post them up later in the week.

Also heard back from my wonderful agent over the weekend on Captive. She had a few small notes for me but thankfully nothing too major so I'll be working on them for the rest of the week.

And finally, I just hopped over to Amazon and Forbidden is on a special offer!!! Even though the book isn't released until 7th September, the trade paperback is up for pre-order on a sale price of $10.20 (as opposed to the usual trade price of $15) How cool is that!

10 comments:

Helen Hardt said...

That is so exciting, Christina! I'll have to order mine. And what a great release date! Didn't they originally tell you 2011?

Anonymous said...

That is so cool, Christina.
Must be amazing, I bet you can't wait to hold that book in your hands.
Sept will be here before you know it.
Tam :)

Mel Teshco said...

What a lovely birthday!
See if my rapidly dwindling bank balance (conference bills) can afford getting myself a copy of your book - are you going to the confernece? (need it signed you know!!)

Christina Phillips said...

Thank you, Helen! Yes, the original date was Feb 2011 but the week before Christmas the date was brought forward, and book 2 (originally slated for Sep 2011) is now in the Feb 2011 spot. It's getting scarily close :-)

Thanks, Tam! I really can't wait. I've given my husband ample warning the books will be sleeping with us when they arrive but I just know he doesn't believe me! ha ha, he's in for a shock!

Mel! I will be at conference! but I'm not sure the books will be out by August (might be possible? I'm not sure how these things work) I have my fingers crossed! x

Kaye Manro said...

It's fantastic that's what it is! Congrats again and again, Christina. Happy for you!

Shelley Munro said...

It sounds as if you had a delightful outing. I look forward to the photos.

Cathryn Hein said...

Am so jealous of you cruising around Margaret River. It's one of the few wine regions I haven't explored.

Very exciting about Forbidden. I am seriously looking forward to reading it. Will have to check bookdepository now to see if it's on pre-order there.

Cathryn Hein said...

Bum. It's not at bookdepository yet.

Oh well, will just have to keep checking until it is!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, Kaye!!

Shelley, it was an amazing weekend and we'd all love to go back again. It really was the perfect surprise pressie for my hubby!!

Cathryn, oh no! It hadn't even occurred to me to check BD yet!! I have a feeling they don't get the books until after they're released - at least that's how I've found it when I've been looking lately. But omg, now I have another online bookstore to stalk!!!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Sounds lovely Christina.

Congrats on the earlier release date - we get to buy it earlier :)