Saturday, March 06, 2010

MIA

I've hardly poked my head above the parapet this week as I've been madly trying to finish CAPTIVE. And late last night I finally sent it off to my CPs for their verdict. What a relief it was to type THE END, although as always it's a kind of bittersweet relief - am quite choked to say goodbye to Bren and Morwyn!

Anyway, I'm not even going to think about it now until I get the crits back, so this morning I informed my daughter I was going to clear up the house as I'd finished my book. She obviously saw the manic gleam in my eye as she told me to go and start the next one instead. Huh?

6 comments:

Kaye Manro said...

Well I say you most likely aren't done with your characters in Captive yet! There are still the edits. So a nice revisiting will be in order. I always like that part of edits.

Anonymous said...

That post made me laugh Christina, my daughter would probably say the same thing!! LOL
Mel =)

Christina Phillips said...

That's true, Kaye. Already my CPs have found some tangles I need to sort out!

Mel, it made me laugh too but seriously, you can hardly see the floor for the dust bunnies!!!

Shelley Munro said...

Congrats on finishing. I know the feeling of missing characters well.

LOL about the house cleaning. That's the sort of thing I'd say.

Cathryn Hein said...

Congratulations on finishing Captive, Christina. That "aah" feeling is one of the best things about writing, I reckon.

Funny about the cleaning!

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Phew..I knew you could do it sooner, rather than later. Congratulations on finishing Christina. :)