Sunday, April 12, 2009

Cool Stuff

First of all, big congrats to my great friend Helen Hardt, whose Scarlet Rosette, Passion in Paris, released over at The Wild Rose Press on Friday! Helen will be visiting my blog this coming Friday to answer my probing interview questions *cough-cough* (in my defence I have thought up some new questions for her!!!)

Secondly, some smokin' Aussie and New Zealand YA authors have got together and started up a new blog, We Love YA. They've already had some amazing author and editor guests, and there are heaps of fab prizes to be won!

And thirdly (what am I on today?!) my super-sleuth CP Pat found another contest. This one is a bit short notice but definitely doable!! Here are the details:

QueryTracker's First Agent-Judged Contest

I am very pleased to announce that Joanna Stampfel-Volpe of Nancy Coffey Literary will be judging a contest next week on the QueryTracker.net blog.

To enter, submit a one sentence hook for your book. Details will be revealed on the QueryTracker blog Monday, April 13th.

Grand prize - full submission of your manuscript
1st place - 50 page submission
2nd place - 30 page submission
3rd place - 10 page submission

4 comments:

Kaye Manro said...

Sounds interesting. Are you entering?

Christina Phillips said...

I think I will, Kaye. Although my sentence is probably a bit too long for what they're looking for!

Helen Hardt said...

Thanks for the shout out on PIP, Christina. Looking forward to visiting with you on Friday!

And love the sound of the contest. One sentence, huh? That is certainly a challenge! Good luck with yours!

H.

Shelley Munro said...

One sentence is tricky. Good luck with your entry.