Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A New Contract!

Late last night I was offered a contract by The Wild Rose Press for my Scarlet Rosette, Touch of the Demon. I'm thrilled!!

So now I'm neck deep in revisions and trying to tackle the mysteries of formatting. I'd much rather the revisions since the formatting gives me palpitations but luckily Sara was on hand to... um... hold my hand through the process!!

Here's the blurb:

Dark angel Rafe travels back in time to destroy the woman who is fated to bring untold chaos to the cosmos. Instead he finds Celeste, a child of the Earth Goddess, who is sworn to protect the one Rafe seeks. He mistakes her for his quarry but an irresistible attraction prevents him from taking her soul. And although Celeste holds the one weapon able to banish Rafe from earth forever, she's unable to deny the overwhelming desire to possess this creature from hell. They come together in a frenzy of passion, each believing they are changing destiny by their actions but when the Earth Goddess appears they discover her plans are more far reaching than either had imagined.

17 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

Congratulations, Christina!! Does your publisher have a template? For my EC books I have a template where everything is already formatted. I just open it up, save it in the new name and type away.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Congrats Christina on the new contract!!! Must be floating - what with your debut release and not this :)))

Pat Posner said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOH! WOWEEEEEE!
Congratulations, Christina - you're on a roll!!

Rachael Johns said...

That's fantastic news Christina - you're really on fire this year!

Rach!

Phillipa said...

Congrats Christina! You go girl. P x

Tamsyn Murray said...

Popped over from Pat's blog. Well done!

Lane Mathias said...

Here from Pat's.

Congratulations!!

Kaye Manro said...

Wow! This is great news. And Congrats all over again so soon! You rock, Christina. The blurb sounds oh so dark and sexy...

Christina Phillips said...

Thank you all so much for the congrats and good wishes!

Shelley, I don't know - that would be such a brilliant idea and save me so many headaches! I'm guessing not though, otherwise it would be sent to us instead of the detailed formatting instructions (which I believe are written in Double Dutch!) *sigh*

Kaye, I'm glad you like the blurb! This Rafe, he's a bit of a bad boy!!

Helen Hardt said...

Dancing for you, hon! This is wonderful news!!

Helen

DAB said...

Excellent news (heard via Pat) TFx

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Many congratulations, Christina, wonderful news.

Cari Quinn said...

Wonderful news, Christina! Congrats! Can't wait to read it! :)

Annie Wicking said...

Great News! Well done and good luck.

Best wishes

Annie

Christina Phillips said...

Thank you so much! I'm still very excited!!

Amanda Ashby said...

Woot, woot, woot!!! I love this one!!!!

Christina Phillips said...

Amanda I hope you still love it after you've read the revised version a few times!!!