Saturday, October 25, 2014

A Tasty Halloween Treat FORETASTE OF FOREVER Enemies to Lovers #MySexySaturday





As it's almost Halloween I thought I'd share 7 sentences of the very first short story I had published six years ago at Halloween. Foretaste of Forever is a sexy little beast that started life as a recurring dream that haunted me for about five years.

The dream was always the same. Midnight (of course it was midnight!) on a beach, with only the moon for illumination. A dark shadowy man stood facing the raging waves, and a beautiful woman attempted to entice him away.

And the damn dream always finished at the same point - without me having a clue what happened next!

It got to the point where I was thinking about this couple during the day, but for some weird reason it never actually occurred to me to write it down. Not until my CPs dared me to write an erotic romance (something I'd told them I would never do, since it was far too hard... absolutely no pun intended there, of course :-) ) and it hit me this dream was the perfect opportunity to stretch my writing wings.

I wrote their story. And discovered their happy-ever-after. And as soon as that story was written, the dreams stopped.






She ripped the last fastening free and dragged his pants down his muscled legs. “Never forget that.” Her voice was uneven, her heart hammering against her breast.

How could he do this to her, after so many years? She had only to think of him to want him, had only to see him to desire him. And when he teased her, she knew in her heart she would willingly die for him.

If she was only given the chance.





Powerful witch Elyesha finally finds the only man she’s ever loved, the man who deserted her countless years before. But Ben is torn between desire and despair when Elyesha, his only love, discovers his retreat. He abandoned her to save her but how can he resist her seductive embrace when she offers him everything his shattered soul craves?
 
He knows what she wants. But the price is too high. He’ll take what she offers for one last night – but as their erotic encounter unfolds so too does the devastating truth.
 
 
Previously published by The Wild Rose Press in 2008
 
Available from Smashwords  Kindle 
 
Don't forget to check out the other Halloween treats for this week's My Sexy Saturday! 

3 comments:

PJ DEAN said...

That snippet captures some mad love. Chick is intense. Nicely relayed.

Anonymous said...

Great snippet and a wonderful story.

Christina Phillips said...

Thank you, PJ Dean and Tina!