Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Back to Reality





We had a wonderful time in Queensland and thankfully the weather decided to be very kind to us for the week!!


But OMG we couldn't get over the hundreds of high rise hotels along that gorgeous 70k beach. Literally, as far as the eye could see in both directions, there were hotels!




Our apartment was on the 17th floor, and these are the views from our balcony. To our right (the pic on the left, yes I'm very organised sorry!) was the ocean, and to our left (pic on the right) we could see the inland waterways.



Hubby and I getting smoochy on the fabulous Surfers Paradise beach.

I did paddle my toes. Then I foolishly turned my back on the waves to have a gossip with my daughter and the next thing I knew I was soaked up to my knickers. Oops!!















4 comments:

Barrie said...

Welcome home! I had no idea it was so built up. I do love to see photos. Thank you. The sand and ocean look great!!! So, what's the temp of the water?

Amanda Ashby said...

So glad the weather played nice for you. On your next trip to QLD you'll have to head north to the Sunshine Coast - even better beaches and not nearly as built up!

Shelley Munro said...

Welcome home! I love the Gold Coast. It's so busy and frantic. I liked the Sunshine Coast, too, but it rained the whole time we were there!

Christina Phillips said...

Barrie, I found the sea pretty cold when it drenched my bottom! But it was so hot and quite blowy on the beach that I dried off very quickly. I'm not really a water person!

Amanda and Shelley, I'd love to visit the Sunshine Coast. As for the shops at the GC, omg. My daughter and I were in retail heaven!!