Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Crawling Back into the Saddle

Well, it's very hard getting back into the swing of writing!! This always happens when I take a few days off (OK, it was more than a few days... nearer a week and a half!) Anyway, I managed 1k yesterday which got me back into the story, and another 1k today which is a huge relief since this scene was very sticky. And probably the reason why I left it hanging on Christmas Eve!!

The week leading up to Christmas was very exciting, with emails flying between my agent, editor and me regarding back cover copy for FORBIDDEN. As soon as it's all finalised I'll post it up here and on my website. I also hammered out a brief bio (why are those things so hard?I never know what to put in them!!) And hopefully it shouldn't be too long before we have a cover!!

I stumbled across an interesting blog post this afternoon - Top Ten Questions Dutton Editors Ask Themselves When Looking at a Manuscript. Although aimed at children's writers the points are pretty universal for all writers, I think!

7 comments:

Tracey O'Hara said...

Oh honey I feel pain - only a few days and I worked mentally on my story but did few words. So hard.

Ohhh cover stuff - it's so exciting. can't wait to see it.

Emma Lai said...

I agree most of the questions are applicable to any genre. (I wouldn't mind seeing 32 pages of illustrations in some romance books, the covers are so tempting!)

Keep up the writing!

Helen Hardt said...

I hear you, hon -- I'm having a hard time getting back into the groove, too. Can't wait to read your blurb!

Cathryn Hein said...

Urgh. I still have another week and a half of holidaying before I'll be back into it and I just know I'll sit there all excited about writing only to find I have to squeeze the words out.

So exciting about your blurb and bio, Christina. Things are really moving along now. Can't wait to read it. And definitely can't wait to see the cover!

Mel Teshco said...

I'm with you on the Bio, Christina, I always come across so goofy!! Talking to editors/agents always help put the gloss back into writing =)

Kaye Manro said...

Can't wait to see your cover! Our titles may be similar, but my story is sci fi romance, so different! (My forbidden part comes from the fact my h/h are from different galaxies!)And yeah, I had to push myself back into writing and edits. Thanks for the link.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Can't wait to see your cover Christina :))