Monday, August 17, 2009

Djinn-tastic News!

Woot! I'm so excited! My very good friend and crit partner, Amanda Ashby, has just signed a three book deal with Puffin for her mid-grade series! Here's the scoop from Publisher's Marketplace:

Amanda Ashby's untitled middle-grade series about a girl who accidentally gets turned into a djinn (genie) the day before starting sixth grade and has to learn to deal with her new powers without her mom finding out, to Karen Chaplin at Puffin, in a three-book deal, by Jenny Bent at The Bent Agency (world English).

And all I can say is what fantastic timing since I only meet up with Amanda and Sara Hantz once a year at the New Zealand conference, so in just three more days we'll be able to party for real! Hooray!!

8 comments:

Catherine Bybee said...

Isn't it fantastic to know people who are making their dreams come true? Congrats to your friend.

Cari Quinn said...

Huge congratulations to Amanda! I still think it's very cool - and shows how small the writing world truly is - that Amanda was the first author I won a book from ...gosh, was it 2 years ago already? I also still have the cute pink fluffy halo she sent me! :)

Shelley Munro said...

I was thrilled to hear Amanda's news. I can't wait to say congrats in person. :) See you in a few sleeps.

Christina Phillips said...

Catherine, it sure it! I'm tickled pink for her!!!

OMG Cari!! That's so funny about the fluffy pink halo. I have a fluffy white one which sits on the head of a stuffed Donkey from Shrek, right behind my computer!!! And on my website there are pics of the three of us wearing our halos at the 07 NZ conference!!!

Shelley! I can't believe I'm going to meet you in person in just two days time!!!

Amanda Ashby said...

Catherine - thanks for the congrats

Cari - omg I had completely forgotten about that! That's so cool that I was your first author prize. And ah yes, the halo year. Right now my house is full of zombie kits and goodness knows what I'll do for my fairy book and my djinn books!!!

Shelley - thank you - I can't wait to hang out at conference. And hey, you and Christina can officially meet each other this time rather than just in her imagination!!!!!!!!!!

Christina - hahaha - I had to say it!!!!!

Christina Phillips said...

Ha ha, thank you Amanda. I was kind of hoping Shelley might have forgotten that cyber-stalker moment of insanity!!!

Sara Hantz said...

I had a fluffy halo too..... wow they truly are international!!

Yay, Shelley looking forward to catching up again!

Anonymous said...

It is fantastic to know people who are making their dreams come true..

___________________
Andrew
Instant loans at an attractive low rates