Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas is Coming

I think I've finally done all my Christmas shopping (apart from the last minute veggies - including the obligatory half dozen sprouts my husband insists on having on his plate Christmas Day. No idea why, nasty disgusting little things!!)

I hit the local mall at 8 am this morning but unfortunately it seemed half the town had the same idea. I hate crowds. Anyway I got the ham and pickles and then went looking for Harry Potter goodies for my two little nieces, who are Totally Into Harry Potter!!

Annoyingly, there doesn't seem to be much HP merchandise about. I did find a great online store last night with lots of HP pressies, but it's based in Melbourne which isn't much good for me and I'm not trusting the post to deliver any parcels in time for Christmas.

Since Santa is bringing them the DVDs, I ended up with a trolley load of stationery items. Luckily they both love reading, and I've yet to find any book lover who doesn't also adore stationery items!!

And in other news, the talented Amanda Ashby has just won the Chicklit Club's Pink Thong Award for Best New Character (Australian) for You Had Me at Halo! Woo-hoo Amanda!

6 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

I went Christmas shopping today as well. It was a surprisingly peaceful experience, although the queue in the post office was pretty long. It's always a great feeling once the majority of the shopping is done!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I've barely started my Christmas shopping and really have to get a move on. I usually have a fair idea what to buy for people but this year...

Christina Phillips said...

Shelley, it's a huge relief when most of the shopping is done - all I feel like doing now is collapsing in a corner and sleeping for the rest for the rest of the week!

Hi Debs! I hate not knowing what I'm getting for people, and the older my kids get the harder it is to know what on earth they'll even like!

(and I STILL haven't been able to find Firefly in the shops GRRR!!!)

Sara Hantz said...

I'm going to start my christmas shopping some time this week.... I can't leave it any longer, or I'll be shopping for Christmas 2008!!

Christina Phillips said...

OMG Sara. My poor heart is palpitating at the thought of you only just starting your Christmas shopping!!!

Amanda Ashby said...

You're so going to have to order it online - but trust me, it's worth it!!!!!